Facebook Development

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 7 15:10:26 EDT 2016

> Hello all,
>
> I am headed to Facebook for employment in a few months. As a result, I
> can no longer work on the Facebook protocol.

Hm, is that just your assumption or something you've explicitly discussed
with them? (I appreciate if it's the latter you might not be permitted to
say so, so perhaps we should interpret a lack of reply, or an overly coy
reply, appropriately).

Certainly when I started at Intel I was explicitly told that open source
community work that I was involved in -- which at that time was a lot of
PowerPC related development -- must *not* immediately stop, as they were
(and are) keen to be seen to be supportive of community involvement.

So your statement seems quite surprising to me -- Facebook have quite a
good reputation too, and I wouldn't have expected that.

--
dwmw2