Gary is taking over! In a good way.

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Sat Jan 16 13:39:36 EST 2016

Thank you Mark for this opportunity as well as your help and friendship
over the years!

I apologize to all for the late reply, this just turned out to be a bad
week for me.  That said, I'm excited to take on the challenge of finally
getting 3.0 out the door.  And let's be honest here, it's kind of my fault
that it's been stuck anyway. The long timers can tell you that I've been
pushing GObjectification since at least 2007 (holy cow nearly 9 years..)
and that includes the new plugin system which was also written by me.

I have a lot of plans on how to get things moving again and how to keep
them moving long term.  Quite a few of your know some of them, but I will
be sharing the rest to everyone in the near future so we can help steer
this project back on course.  There will be more discussions and of course
more surveys in the near future. So keep an eye out!

The most important objective for me now is setting up a continuous
integration/continuous deployment environment for us to use.  I'm starting
with GPlugin since I've heard numerous rumblings about having to build it
and it's also a much easier project to build.  I'm hoping to finish up the
GPlugin stuff this week and will be moving into doing libpurple after
that.  For anyone that's interested, you can find the CI/CD at
https://guifications.org/jenkins.  There is a build/tooling project that
you can find at https://bitbucket.org/gplugin/release-tools.  I'm not
dead-set on Jenkins, I just had it setup previously so decided to use it.
The release-tools project doesn't care whats running it.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am to work on Pidgin again!

Thanks,

--
Gary Kramlich

Thanks,