Mercurial Servers

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:27:29 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>
wrote:
> > I implemented a very rudimentary webhook on bitbucket that pushes
> > everything pushed to Bitbucket to hg.pidgin.im.  It appears that
> > bitbucket is smart enough to not get stuck in a loop :-D
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>
>
> Of the ten people that have responded to this thread, we have 6 aye's
> and 4 abstaining.  At what point do we want to call this (I'm looking
> for ideas, not claiming victory (yet))

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RgwSD0DRxUbUOgoCf58YfkxNfTNwKhm5vGTo3aHQtcc/edit?usp=sharing

Sorry, I meant to reply sooner.

I'm generally in favor of reducing non-valuable workload, and this mostly
fits in that category.

A couple questions:

How would you foresee handling security related changes prior to a release?
Currently we have a private staging repo, which seems to work well.  In
theory this should be possible with BB as well, but I'm not sure if that
would be possible without cost.

Would we want to keep the current commits mailing list, or move to BB
notifications?

-D