FsAppTransmitter / dummy call in nullprpl

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Nov 6 14:51:12 EST 2017

On Mon, 2017-11-06 at 19:40 +0100, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> after commenting out
>
>   "wait-for-connection", FALSE,
>
> in g_object_set() of the file sink (which is a property GstFileSink
> doesn't have)
> Pidgin started saving raw audio into /tmp/pidgin.s16 and I was also
> able to import
> the file to Audacity and play it back correctly.

Oh, that's brilliant. Thanks so much for your help... again.

Now, all I need to contend with is the fact that Pidgin no longer
appears to get any audio input from the microphone at all, even for
Lync test calls and in the Mic Test that I've just discovered.

The level bar doesn't move. Not even when I go back to the original
Ubuntu build of Pidgin. But the autoaudiosrc *does* work in other
contexts (like when I hacked it up directly to my PRPL). And if I use
the vvconfig plugin to set the input to 'Test sound', that also works
as expected.

This worked last week :)