FsAppTransmitter / dummy call in nullprpl

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com
Mon Nov 6 15:10:07 EST 2017

On Mon, 2017-11-06 at 19:51 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>

> On Mon, 2017-11-06 at 19:40 +0100, Jakub Adam wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > after commenting out
> >
> >   "wait-for-connection", FALSE,
> >
> > in g_object_set() of the file sink (which is a property GstFileSink
> > doesn't have)
> > Pidgin started saving raw audio into /tmp/pidgin.s16 and I was also
> > able to import
> > the file to Audacity and play it back correctly.
>
> Oh, that's brilliant. Thanks so much for your help... again.
>
> Now, all I need to contend with is the fact that Pidgin no longer
> appears to get any audio input from the microphone at all, even for
> Lync test calls and in the Mic Test that I've just discovered.
>
> The level bar doesn't move. Not even when I go back to the original
> Ubuntu build of Pidgin. But the autoaudiosrc *does* work in other
> contexts (like when I hacked it up directly to my PRPL). And if I use
> the vvconfig plugin to set the input to 'Test sound', that also works
> as expected.

No microphone and frozen levelbar is something I see often in pidgin-sipe for a long time.
To trigger fairly easy I need to use a USB microphone, select ALSA and just do a Test Call.
Just when the call connects to the Lync Server, the microphone and microphone levelbar freezes
and no audio input.

 Jocke