State of Pidgin: Build System

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Tue Oct 3 03:04:54 EDT 2017

TBH I don't really care much about which build system we use as long as it
works :)

As a side note, just changing the build system doesn't 100% help with
Visual Studio due to an incompatibility between time_t with msvc (its
always 64bit) compared to mingw (where it's the sizeof int)

A few questions I have about the change:

Does meson provide a way to compile using mingw?
Does meson help with cross-compiling?
Would meson just be used for 3.0?
Would you just use meson for one repo (RE: other email about splitting
libpurple/Pidgin/Finch) first or would you suggest it be used for all repos?