State of Pidgin: Attracting and Maintaining New Contributors

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Tue Oct 3 11:48:32 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-03, 14:43 GMT, Gary Kramlich wrote:
> Aside from that, I also mention (at least I have previously)
> that open source software is about providing choices, no one
> is providing a choice.  Everyone is using the same tool for
> the same job creates a monopoly that stifles innovation.

http://www.islinuxaboutchoice.com/

I think this is really not about the argument but just
a rationalization of status quo, but …

I have no business of telling anything how this project is
supposed to be managed, because I really do not participate in
it, so I will let you to it.

Best,

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very
simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see
rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
   -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery