State of Pidgin: Project Infrastructure
rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Oct 3 15:19:45 EDT 2017
For web, cPanel provides a LAMP stack with FTP access. For email, it's
Exim, Dovecot (for IMAP & POP), and GNU Mailman. It also does DNS. (We
have DNS servers slaved in front of cPanel.) The name comes from the
fact that it provides a customer-accessible control panel.
It has a client-accessible backup system, which makes moving to another
cPanel host easy.
I suggest the following order:
1) Wiktel sets up a cPanel account for Pidgin.
2) Pidgin moves the static websites.
3) Pidgin moves the email, including mailing lists.
4) Pidgin provides the DNS zone files to Wiktel.
5) Wiktel configures the zone files.
6) Pidgin updates its registrar to point the DNS to Wiktel.
More information about the Devel