2.12.1 Release

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Sep 29 06:53:44 EDT 2017

On Thu, 2017-09-28 at 20:51 -0500, Gary Kramlich wrote:
> Greetings Programs!
>
> If you haven't noticed, we've built up quite the ChangeLog for 2.12.1.
> As such I would like to try to get it released on 2017-10-12.
>
> If there's no objections to that, I will call for a string freeze
> within the next few days!

I'd love to have https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/17246 resolved.
Does the patch I attached there make sense?

We still haven't got full audio working — I've been able to save it to
a .wav file for weeks, but persuading Pidgin to actually *play* the
stream is distinctly non-trivial. But I think the above is all we need
in Pidgin itself, to make it stop crashing when we use anything other
than fsrtpconference. I'd love someone with a clue to take a look
though.

It's also been pointed out to me that since I brought the 2.x branch up
to date with everything we needed for Lync, other things have been
added to 3.x and not backported. This one in particular, which *mostly*
looks like it can go in without changing ABI, with a few tweaks:
 https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/main/pull-requests/86/gstreamer-10-media-device-management/diff