Pidgin 2.12.0 (libpurple 2.12.0) occasionally crashes on Windows 2012R2

Tim Murphy tnmurphy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:02:15 EDT 2018

You might have the most productive help from talking to the person who
created the build that you use.

https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin

This ^^ suggests that the build is probably done with mingw rather than
with Microsoft tools and there is a gdb for mingw and a thing called
drmingw which might work too.

Other things that are useful are the sysinternals tools where you can watch
the system calls of a process up to the point where it crashes. This is
sometimes helpful to someone who is debugging it.

Ultimately you will need a new build, so who is going to do that? That's
the person to ask.

Regards,

Tim