Pidgin 2.12.0 (libpurple 2.12.0) occasionally crashes on Windows 2012R2

Sergey pidgin.im at sm.msk.ru
Fri Jun 15 08:30:47 EDT 2018

  Dear All,

  We are using Pidgin on Windows 2012R2, in remote desktop
  environment.

  It's installed from a portable distribution, from
  https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/pidgin_portable
  and running in the portable environment.

  The problem is, it does occasionally crash. Cannot tell
  the details for sure; sometimes when the user sends the file,
  but not always in this curcumstances.

  Could you please give any hints of understand the reason?
  I am an Unix programmer and am not well acquainted to Windows
  specifics.

  Will that help if I do re-compile Pidgin from sources and
  try to trace the events or debug it any other way? As I understand
  there is no such tool as GDB. Or there is? Or is there
  some equivalent?

  Which sources should I take for it?

 --
Best regards,