State of Pidgin: Attracting and Maintaining New Contributors

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 19 10:09:40 EDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-03-19 at 09:53 -0400, Ethan Blanton wrote:

> > If you can confirm that it's all OK, I'll finish writing up what I did.
>
> These look properly formed and organized to me.  Gary?

Thanks.

> > I have multiple heads in my 'release-2.x.y' branch but I don't seem to
> > be able to *name* them, which means I don't think I can update the PR
> > if changes are requested? There's a '...' on the right-hand side of
> > https://bitbucket.org/dwmw2/testfork/branches/ which looks like it's
> > supposed to bring up some kind of menu, which *might* have let me name
> > the heads I have in release-2.x.y... but actually does nothing in
> > either Firefox or Chrome.
>
> I've never created a bookmark or branch from the BitBucket side, only
> from the local Mercurial side.  However, with stock Mercurial you can
> easily push a specified revision to a specified remote branch, and I
> know you can do that in git, too, so I'd be quite surprised if
> git-cinnabar can't handle it somehow.  (The mercurial command is the
> expected 'hg push -r  destbranch', if that is helpful.)
>
> This *should* update the pull request automatically on the BitBucket
> side, as I understand things now.  (This hasn't always been the case.)

Right, the problem before was that when I attempted to update *one* of
the bookmarks I was using for a PR, another "unrelated" outstanding PR
was getting updated too.

I think I should be trying to use named branches in the bitbucket
repository. I'll try again with something like
https://bitbucket.org/dwmw2/testfork/branch/trac17295