OpenSSL 3.0 and Pidgin

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Sun Oct 3 20:22:01 EDT 2021

Hi Alex,

You might be able to use the openssl patch from the Adium team
https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1503 (since OSX and BSD come with
OpenSSL).  I believe FreeBSD or OpenBSD have their own patches to let
Pidgin work with openssl.  They might need a little bit of tweaking to work
with any API changes between OpenSSL 2.x and 3.x

Good luck!

Cheers,
Eion