New potential DoS vulnerability

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Thu Dec 23 13:40:31 EST 2010

Jan Lieskovsky wrote:
> Hi John,
>
>   thank you for the notification.
>
> John Bailey wrote:
>> Hi, packagers.
>>
>> We have yet another potential denial of service vunlnerability in our
>> MSN code.
>>  It's a null pointer dereference due to receiving a "short" packet for
>> a direct
>> connection.  This vulnerability was discovered by Stu Tomlinson, and
>> Elliott
>> Sales de Andrade provided the attached patch, which he believes fixes
>> the issue.

Grr, /me shouldn't write emails when hungry :(.

>   Assuming a CVE identifier needs to be assigned to this issue. Let us
> know,
> if it is still needed or one should be assigned. (just checking to avoid
> duplicates).

The last sentence should have been: "Let us know if it is still needed
or one has been already assigned. If the later is the case, please
let us know the particular identifier."

Thanks && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team

P.S.: And sorry for the noise.