Crash in Pidgin and Adium on XMPP MUC Presence

Elliott Sales de Andrade qulogic at pidgin.im
Mon Feb 6 18:18:49 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:

> We should probably do a 2.10.2 release with fixes for this and:
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/13500 - "Cannot add buddies on AIM
> with periods in their names"
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/14864 - "Pidgin crashes upon Nick
> change in SILC channel"

I leave the other two tickets for people with experience with them.

> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/14884 - "msn_oim_report_to_user does
> not do charset verification/conversion"

I have plucked the changes for this ticket.

I'm debating whether to also include:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/14302 - "MSN offline messages are not
sent, there is no notification in the chat window"

The only way to fix it appears to be an update to MSNP18, which turns out
to be relatively simple, but such a change may or may not be problematic.

--
Elliott aka QuLogic
Pidgin developer