[pidgin-security] possible segfault in perl wrapper

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Apr 18 02:20:26 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Tomasz Wasilczyk
<tomkiewicz at cpw.pidgin.im> wrote:
> And here is (see attachment) proposed fix. I've tested it, and it
> works fine with my simple test. Any objections?

Looks good to me.  Please commit to release-2.x.y branch.

> I'm waiting for acknowledge to remove it from 3.0.0.

I kinda think we should leave it in 3.0.0.  After your fix the
function will be safe, right?  I kinda don't like having a perl plugin
loader (I mean, who uses perl these days??), but I think we should
continue to maintain it until we decide to remove it.  And I'd kinda
rather not remove it until we have some semblance of stats on how many
people use it.  I'm hoping Sanket's statscollector project can
eventually be used for this purpose.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?