SSL certificate check in pidgin 2.10.10

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Nov 18 12:03:17 EST 2014

Hi Janis. Thanks for letting us know about this.

In your debug log it looks like Pidgin has already cached the server's SSL
certificate. This happens when Pidgin has connected to the server in the
past and either the certificate was valid or it was invalid but you chose
to accept it from the dialog box that asks you if you're ok with it.

I tried connecting to jabber.physik.tu-berlin.de from my local computer
with both of the Pidgin SSL plugins (GnuTLS and NSS) and they both happily
accepted the certificate without complaints. So I agree with Richard--it
SEEMS like the certificate is valid.