Show online buddies on top in buddy list

Istvan Nagy nagy_stefi at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 10:18:16 EST 2007

Hi John,

Thank you for your answer.
Thanks for the tip to set a buddy as always show while offline.
However I don't understand what is wrong with the idea of having the online buddies
sorted to the top while offline. Why is this something to be avoided. I thought this
would be very helpful and makes the program more comfortable to use.

Best regards,
Steven

PS: I found some issue with this setting "set a buddy as always show while offline".
Every time after I restart my computer after hibernating, my friend dissapear from
the buddy list, even she is set to be shown always while offline. After I exit from
pidgin and start again, she is there in the list.
I usually hibernate my computer, I never shut down because it's much faster.