Show online buddies on top in buddy list

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Dec 12 13:07:28 EST 2007

Istvan Nagy wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I was looking for a setting and I couldn't find anywhere.
> Is it possible to have all my online buddies on the top regardless of what groups
> they belong to? I used Trillian before and I just recently installed Pidgin and I
> had this option in Trillian.
> I like to keep the option Show Offline Buddies on, because I have some friends who
> are invisible but I can still communicate with them and it is very hard to see if
> anybody comes online because I have more groups and many buddies.
> At present always need to scroll down to see when somebody is coming online.
> Is this option available or there is a way to do it, or is it possible to be in a
> future release? I think this would be very important and useful.
>
> Thank you,
> Sincerely,
> Steven Nagy

This is not possible in Pidgin, and is something we have historically avoided.
It is also not possible to have all offline buddies appear in an "offline
pseudogroup".  I, for one, wish to see Pidgin continue to avoid such "features."

There is, however, functionality in Pidgin which allows you to set specific
buddies to always show while offline; you could enable this for a few specific
buddies and turn off the "Show Offline Buddies" option.

John