Question about typing notification - inline text vs. icon

Waqas waqas at ahmed.com
Thu Dec 13 15:11:28 EST 2007

When a buddy is typing I can see the icon in the top right of the IM window.
Currently the typing indicator is just too far away from where my eyes are
looking for it to be useful. It feels more natural and to see this
notification if it were a line of text in-line as a chat message that goes
away as soon as the buddy has finished typing.

Is there a Pidgin preference or a third party plugin that allows this
configuration?

Thanks.