(Windows Pidgin) Notify on text, and XMPP Chat icons

gunmetal gunmetalx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:45:58 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm using Pidgin 2.3.1 on Windows (XP) and am wondering:

1. Is it possible to cause a Notification event to occur when certain
strings appear in the Chat window?  I know you can alert when your screen
name appears, but it would be nice if you could have user-defined strings as
well.

2. Can Pidgin display user Status icons in a Chat window for the members in
a conference?  It seems to only display "Emblems" such as Founder, etc....
but I would like it to display the users' individual online status just like
what appears in the Buddy List.

Thanks.