Parental Controls

NiceBloke nicebloke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 13:06:54 EST 2007

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Dell PC with Ubuntu pre-loaded for my my
children (8 & 6yrs old). Everything is set up fine - but now they're
asking if they can chat to their school friends on MSN.

I don't mind this - but only if I can know who they are adding to
their friends lists, for obvious reasons (I don't trust anybody ;)

I couldn't see any obvious Parental Controls - even if it was just
having to enter a password for the 'Add Buddy' menu option.

Has anybody covered this before? (I just joined the mailing list)

Thanks,
--
NiceBloke

"Linux - the last Critical Update you'll ever need."