room names with an ascii space?

Will Clark will at vex.org
Thu Dec 27 14:25:34 EST 2007

I'm unable to join my normal rooms on our jabber server.  I suspect this is
because these room names contain a space like: "unix support"  When I add
the room I get no error, but when I try to open it, I get "unix support is
not a valid room name."  This is a room I use all the time with the official
jabber client.  Rooms without a space seem to be allowed, but the ones I
want to use all have spaces in the names.

I am able to chat with individuals with pidgin, so I don't believe it is a
problem with my account configuration.  I've checked against the regular
jabber client, and I seem to have the same settings for the room in both.

I've checked google, the FAQ and the bug list and didn't see anything close
to this problem.

Can anyone offer me a clue here?

Thanks,

Will

--
Will Clark -- will at vex.org -- My account, my opinions
What ever happened to the American dream?