Google talk not

Darrin Taylor d.taylor at imb.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 12 23:50:42 EST 2007

Hi,
I really like the idea of having multiple chat protocols in one
convenient window :-) Congrats on a great product.  From 2.2.0 onwards
though (in RHEL4) the google chat messages are being sent but I do not
receive the replying text echoed in the message window.  It does get to
the pidgin client, because I can read it in the debug window, but not in
the original message window.  This is a has been mentioned before in the
bugtracker (see below) but it just seems that the response is "Yeah that
is weird" or They seemed to have identified where it is going wrong but
not fixed it.  Is there some code hack I can do so I can get the
functionality back, because having A window open for the google talk
gadget and pidgin open for all my other protocols is a bit crowded on
the desktop :-)
Cheers,
Darrin
#3532: Jabber does not parse correctly incomming messages
<http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3532>
#3480: XMPP messages dropped on pidgin 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 on rhel4
<http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3480>