Google talk not

Darrin Taylor d.taylor at imb.uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 15 19:14:07 EST 2007

Did this actually get through to the list?  It seems all other emails
get some response, is this just in the waaaay too hard basket?

Darrin Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
> I really like the idea of having multiple chat protocols in one
> convenient window :-) Congrats on a great product.  From 2.2.0 onwards
> though (in RHEL4) the google chat messages are being sent but I do not
> receive the replying text echoed in the message window.  It does get
> to the pidgin client, because I can read it in the debug window, but
> not in the original message window.  This is a has been mentioned
> before in the bugtracker (see below) but it just seems that the
> response is "Yeah that is weird" or They seemed to have identified
> where it is going wrong but not fixed it.  Is there some code hack I
> can do so I can get the functionality back, because having A window
> open for the google talk gadget and pidgin open for all my other
> protocols is a bit crowded on the desktop :-)
> Cheers,
> Darrin
> #3532: Jabber does not parse correctly incomming messages
> <http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3532>
> #3480: XMPP messages dropped on pidgin 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 on rhel4
> <http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3480>

 INSTITUTE FOR MOLECULAR BIOSCIENCE
 incorporating
 The Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology
 The Centre for Drug Design and Development
 ARC Special Research Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics

 University of Queensland 4072 AUSTRALIA
 Ph: +61 7 3346 2607
 Fax: +61 7 3346 2101
 http://kidney.scgap.org/