pidgin-2.2.2 pixmaps fail to load

Jeff Ivany jeff+pidgin at ivany.org
Thu Nov 15 11:31:00 EST 2007

On 11/14/07, Jeff Ivany <jeff+pidgin at ivany.org> wrote:

> On 11/14/07, Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com> wrote:
> >
> > Your GTK/GDK installation is broken. I assume from the fact that you are
> > installing to $HOME/local you are not the administrator of this box, so
> > you need to get your administrator to fix this.
> >
> > It's also possible that you tried to cheat the system by using some
> > GTK/GDK headers that didn't match your installed system to get Pidgin to
> > compile. If this is the case - don't try that, it doesn't work.
> >

> Crud. No, I'm not the admin of this box, just a user.  I didn't try
> anything special - just ran the configure script as mentioned before.  It's
> odd that GTK/GDK would be broken as I have no issue with any of the GUI apps
> installed on my box.  Guess I'll have to see what I can find out.

I looked around a bit more on the system and found my "missing"
gdk-pixbuf.loaders file:

ls /etc/gtk-2.0/i386-redhat-linux-gnu/
gdk-pixbuf.loaders  gtk.immodules

This doesn't really help me much though as I'm not sure why pidgin is
looking in /opt/tools/etc.  Is there anyway I can convince it to look at the
proper location?

Thanks,
Jeff
--