Yahoo! Buddy Icon doesn't show

Tri Maryanto antok.tm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 02:31:14 EST 2007

Hi,
I'm using gaim and pidgin behind a proxy server (squid) that has an
firewall (shorewall) that acts as a gateway also.
But it seems that the server blocking the Yahoo's buddy icon.
Strangely,when I use the standard Yahoo Messenger (provided by Yahoo),
the buddy icon shows.

And if the firewall on that proxy server is turned off or be set to
accept all incoming, the buddy icon shows up in pidgin /gaim.

Do pidgin use a specific ports to retreive buddy icon ? Is it
different from the ports used by Yahoo Messenger app ?

--