tech support

Joe Conway ccjoseph at email.unc.edu
Sat Nov 17 11:14:56 EST 2007

Hi,

I couldn't find any tech support contact info on the Pidgin website, so I
posted here.

I just installed Pidgin 2.2.2 on a Windows XP machine. I want to use it for
my AIM account. The only way I can get any of my buddies to show up on my
buddy list, in Pidgin, is to have AIM open first. If AIM is closed, the
Pidgin buddy list comes up empty and I can't do anything. This defeats the
purpose of having Pidgin because I have to have AIM and Pidgin installed,
when I only want to use Pidgin. Also, I can't use tabbed windows in Pidgin.
My conversations, all appear in separate windows. I'd like to have all my
conversations be in one tabbed window. How can I fix this so I can use
Pidgin, have it work, and uninstall AIM? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you.

Joe Conway

Joe Conway

Email: ccjoseph at email.unc.edu