adding a google hosted email to pidgin

Adam Chernow adam at adamchernow.com
Sun Nov 25 01:01:57 EST 2007

Joshua Montemayor wrote:

> I am Google Apps for Your Domain user. We have access to Google Talk but
> I am unable to add my hosted account to Pidgin. I’ve tried it with
>username at gmail.com’ and with ‘username at mydomain.com’. Neither of these
> options work. I keep getting different errors every time. The latest
> error was a ‘write error’.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's how I have it set up...

Basic tab:

Screen name: username
Domain: mydomain.com

Advanced tab:

all the check boxes are unchecked
Connect port: 5222
Connect server: talk.google.com
Use global proxy settings

This is on Pidgin for Windows.  I used account type Google Talk if that
helps any.

-Adam

--
Adam Chernow
adam at adamchernow.com
web: http://www.commanddotcom.com ~  aim: vbrun400
jabber/gtalk: adam at chernow.org ~ ham: KC9JHY

"Communication is an ongoing, dynamic process between an infinite
number of variables with no beginning, middle or end."
    -- Dr. Ken Ksobiech, Marquette University