Error Changing Account Info

Charles Cobine cobine at pobox.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 26 13:03:38 EST 2007

Hi all,

I notice that when I log into Pidgin, then enable my AIM account (All my
accounts are set to be offline when I open Pidgin.), I get this pop-up:

Error Changing Account Info
Error 0x0006: Unable to format screen name because it is invalid.

This has happened since 2.2.1 or so.
Any ideas what causes this?  The format of AIM buddy names?  Problems
with buddy icons in AIM?   Sounds like a problem with symbols/non-Roman
languages, most buddies of mine with symbols/non-Roman languages in
their screen name or away message are not AIM, but on MSN.

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer,
Best
Charles

--
Charles Cobine
Research and Instructional Services Librarian

(215)746-5830
cobine at pobox.upenn.edu
AIM/Yahoo: upenncharles