ICQ Privacy Settings not sticking?

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Mon Nov 26 13:22:40 EST 2007

Pidgin on XP 2.2.2 . In tools, Privacy, Privacy options for ICQ, I
set it to only allow users on my contact list. Then, I'll get a URL
'spam' from a ICQ user not on my list. I'll then look in Privacy, and
it's set for "Block only the users below."

I've changed it back to "Allow only users on my contact list", and
then I'll look an hour later and it's back to "Block only the users below."

Sometimes it changes literally 10 minutes later, sometimes it takes an hour.

Is this a bug or something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Evan