finch + messed up "screen" using screen

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 27 19:41:07 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:33:54PM -0400, Geoffrey Lane wrote:
> Thank you,
> I found in putty that using "poor man's line drawing" in window->translation
> corrected the problem in putty. I'm hoping it's gonna be this easy in osx.

Putty can do a UTF8 locale, with that set, and with a UTF8 locale on the
remote system, you should not need the poor man's line drawing.  I've
used finch inside screen that way.

On OSX I sometimes lack the fonts for some the symbols, such as ◯, but
the line drawing works just fine, again assuming I have a UTF8 locale (I
tend to use en_US.UTF-8 because I'm basically monolinguistic)

luke