Pidgin with https

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:50:02 EST 2007

That is entirely dependent on the protocols, and the servers.  Pidgin
can use any port you want, but if you use a port that the server does
not, you will be unable to connect.  If you want to tunnel all of your
local traffic out through port 443 so your local net admin thinks its
just ssl, I would recommend openvpn or ssh port forwarding or ssh
socks proxy, all of which are 100% compatible with pidgin.