Invalid Key when using Finch

chris lostpkts at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:17:45 EDT 2007

I have Finch working on my Gentoo box and think its great.  I use
Pidgin on my Windows machine at home.

Pidgin doesn't give me any issues... but lately I've been getting the
following when starting up Finch.

CRITICAL: Invalid Key name: .Jenny (chris@<snip>/Home -- XMPP)

CRITICAL: Invalid Key name: .NoSkillz (chris@<snip> -- MSN)

I'm guessing b/c there is a '.' in front of the name.  However there
isn't in the actual names.  I've tried blowing away my .purple
directory and reconfig finch but that doesn't seem to help.

Pidgin on the other hand has no issues, that I can tell.

Also the above errors don't seem to affect my ability to communicate
with the people.  I just hit ALT-L to refresh the screen and the
errors go away.  :-)

I'm just curious if there is a way to fix it so that Finch stops yelling at me.

Thanks
Chris