Leave join (IRC) channels with click

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed Apr 2 13:30:56 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:33:08PM +0100, David Balazic wrote:
<snip>
> From: Etan Reisner [mailto:deryni at pidgin.im]
<snip>
> > The fact that you can't rejoin a room from the conversation window UI has
> > nothing to do with the topic under discussion and is, in fact, something
> > that is reasonable to support.
>
> I respectfully disagree. This is _exactly_ what the topic is about (ok, the half of it):
> join a room for which there is already a tab.

I stand corrected, this was half of the original email. But the rest of
the thread was largely about the parting case not the rejoining case. And
as I said in the quotation above the ability to rejoin a channel from the
window UI is something I think is reasonable and should be added. Feel
free to supply such a patch or at least file a ticket requesting it.

    -Etan