Pidgin-2.4.1 builds ok, but ignores accounts at startup and has debug errors

Bill Pier bpier at clove.org
Wed Apr 2 13:46:41 EDT 2008

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not using packaged releases of Pidgin --
that's why I'm building the release from source.

As a matter of form, I did remove, (make uninstall), the Pidgin-2.4.0
release from
my system before installing the 2.4.1 release.

I am using an older base distribution of Mandriva Linux and therefore
not relying on RPM (packaged) releases of the Pidgin app.  My experience
with building Pidgin release has been pretty fair and painless, until now.

Bill