Pidgin-2.4.1 builds ok, but ignores accounts at startup and has debug errors

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed Apr 2 13:41:25 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 10:46:41AM -0700, Bill Pier wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not using packaged releases of Pidgin --
> that's why I'm building the release from source.
>
> As a matter of form, I did remove, (make uninstall), the Pidgin-2.4.0
> release from
> my system before installing the 2.4.1 release.
>
> I am using an older base distribution of Mandriva Linux and therefore
> not relying on RPM (packaged) releases of the Pidgin app.  My experience
> with building Pidgin release has been pretty fair and painless, until now.
>
> Bill
<snip>

If you don't have a packaged version of pidgin installed and you are
certain you successfully removed your installation of 2.4.0 (and you don't
have an extra binary of pidgin lying around /usr/bin, with associated
data, from somewhere) then I'm not sure offhand what your problem is.

This sort of thing is almost always an issue of mismatched versions/pieces
of versions lying around. Did you perhaps maybe build 2.4.1 while 2.4.0
was installed? (That shouldn't matter, but I don't know.)

    -Etan