Trouble creating Jabber (XMPP) account

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Thu Apr 3 10:54:56 EDT 2008

Hi!

I have 2.4.1 on WinXP.

I have trouble creating a Jabber(XMPP) account. I created a new account in Pidgin of type XMPP, entered a screen name, set domain to jabber.org , entered password, selected "Remember password" and selected "Create this account on the server". I left "Resource" as "Home".

Clicked "Save" and then a new dialog for creating appeared, with the name and password fields already filled.
I confirmed that dialog.

Then in the main window I got a "Read error" for XMPP. A bit later "Not Authorized".

Did I forgot something ? I never used XMPP before, so I have no clue what
Is wrong.

Regards,
David

http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com         Innovation, not litigation !
---
David Balažic                 mailto:david.balazic at hermes-softlab.com
HERMES Softlab                http://www.hermes-softlab.com
Zagrebska cesta 104           Phone: +386 2 450 8947
SI-2000 Maribor
Slovenija