./configure options not OK

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed Apr 16 00:28:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 06:35:03AM +0200, linuxcbon wrote:
<snip>
> Yes, with ./configure alone, it works too :).
>
> It doesnt come from the distro, but I was not sure which libraries to
> install to make SSL work.
> (there is another way with mozilla, but it seems more complex :o)

The mozilla ssl libraries are just more immediate pieces, it may or may
not be more complex to get working.

Why exactly aren't you using distribution provided packages for things
like this?

> Would it be easier to have TLS libraries in the pidgin code already ?

No, not at all. This is exactly what distributions are supposed to do for
you, allow you to easily install things as you need them.

> Thanks for your help,
> linuxcbon

    -Etan