pidgin crashing on DeLi Linux

Laura nmi Michaels lauramic at tfn.net
Sun Apr 20 09:34:50 EDT 2008

I love using the portable apps version of pidgin on Windows, so when I
installed DeLi Linux (with uclibc instead of standard C libraries) on an old
laptop, one of the programs I wanted to try to get working was pidgin.  I
downloaded the source tarball.  It took a long time to compile, but seemed
to compile and build without any real issues.  I tried running both finch
and pidgin and both programs crashed with a segmentation default and never
came up.  Has anyone been able to get pidgin working on DeLi Linux?  Are
there any work-arounds to get it up and running?  Would be happy to help try
to debug this thing if I can, but I don't even know where to start.  Would
be great if pidgin or finch would work on the DeLi Linux distribution.  I
really enjoy using this application on other systems.

Thanks.
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp/dlin.htm