development

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Fri Aug 1 03:20:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

robert mcquirt schrieb:
> [...] they need to push their personal preferences aside,
> because they are producing a product for the market, not themselves.
And that's where you got it wrong!

They do indeed produce a product for themselves and only for themselves
but they are kind enough to share it with others, who may have the same
requirements as they do (for free!).

If you happen to be someone with different requirements you need to
search for another product. It's just like with cars. There are Volvos
and there are Ferraris. Only because /you/ want a Ferrari, Volvos can be
fine cars as well (for someone with different priorities/requirements).

Greetings
-Sascha-

PS: I don't want to compare Pidgin with a Volvo, nor did I want to
dismiss Volvos in general, so please bear with me :)