Pidgin 2.4.3, Spell Check, & Vista

Ted Jones ted_jones5791113 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 11:58:39 EDT 2008

I am running Vista SP1 (home premium) and installed Pidgin 2.4.3.
When I type into my message windows, misspelled words do not
highlight.

When the application installed, it looks like it correctly installed aspell
in the proper location (C:\Program Files\Aspell), and the dir has
the accompanying bin dir and other file system structure.

Under Preferences --> Conversations I have Highlight misspelled words
checked.  These same settings work correctly on my WinXP machine.

I've even gone and downloaded aspell and installed that.  I did some googling
and found an article from somebody that said my aspell.exe needed to be in
my path.  I set that in the env and rebooted (mapping C:\Program Files\Aspell\bin;
in the path).

What else can I check to correct this issue?

Thanks very much.

TJ