purple_ssl_input_remove for libpurple

Somsak Sriprayoonsakul somsaks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 22:34:31 EDT 2008

Hello,

   I'm in the state of developing a protocol plug-in for twitter.com
services. My plug-in works fine in some level. However, I'm having
problem when the connection is close unexpectedly, my plug-in cause
Pidgin to crash.

   I dig deep into the problem and found that it crash on the line that
said

purple_input_remove(ssl->inpa)

   So I notice that, actually there's no purple_ssl_input_remove and I
just replace that with purple_input_remove(ssl->inpa) instead. That's
works in normal eventloop, but not during the close function.

   So my question, is there a reason there's no purple_ssl_input_remove?
Shouldn't it be remove from the queue at all? Are there any automatic
mechanism that terminate all SSL connection when connection interrupt is
found? I suppose that the SSL might be closed already from somewhere else.

PS: I'm developing this on Windows, but my Linux friends said that the
problem is on Ubuntu as well.

Somsak

Somsak Sriprayoonsakul

Thai National Grid Center