[Question #42434]: Send message to all contacts?

l33ting disorder question42434 at answers.launchpad.net
Sun Aug 17 16:07:53 EDT 2008

New question #42434 on Pidgin:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pidgin/+question/42434

Hi,

One feature that seems to be present in almost every Multi-Protocol IM client is the ability to right-click on a group container and have an option to send a message to every contact within the group.

I haven't found such a feature in pidgin. Am I just not looking in the right place, or is pidgin currently lacking this feature?

If the latter, let this be a suggestion for that INCREDIBLY useful function to be added to the next pidgin version! :)

What would be ideal would be an option in the context menu to send to all contacts within a given group and to also have an option somewhere (maybe in the accounts menu) to send a message to EVERY contact, regardless of which group they've been sorted into.

Apart from that, thanks to the dev team for making such an amazingly awesome cross-platform IM client! Woots all around!

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for Pidgin.