Pidgin

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 06:49:06 EDT 2008

Diego Gomez wrote:
> Hi! My name is Diego and i'm willing to start using Bidgin.
Hello,

> is it possible to import contacts from .xls to Bidgin?
The short answer is no.  The long answer is that if you have IM (instant
messaging) contacts with a service such as MSN, Yahoo or XMPP then the service
handles looking after your contacts.  If you have used an IM service before your
contacts will appear when you sign on.

If you have not used a service before and you have 2000 IM contacts to add you
are stuck with adding them manually (as far as I am aware).

I also believe that Gmail can import your contacts for email and those contacts
are available on GTalk which you can connect to using Pidgin.

Regards
Phil Hannent