[Question #42461]: Connection to MSN often lost (old, no longer applies)

Chris Y. question42461 at answers.launchpad.net
Mon Aug 18 21:19:01 EDT 2008

Question #42461 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/42461

Summary changed to:
Connection to MSN often lost (old, no longer applies)

Description changed to:
EDIT: This is really old, and while MSN still has a less reliable
connection than AIM, I don't lose it often. I think it's more to do with
the protocol than with Pidgin.

Okay, I previously couldn't connect to MSN at all, but at some point it just started working. However, I often lose my connection to MSN, and sometimes I have to wait a bit before I can connect again. What might be wrong here? I'm not behind a firewall -- at least, not one that would interfere with MSN.

Server: messenger.hotmail.com
Port: 1863
HTTP Method Server: gateway.messenger.hotmail.com

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386