Is there any way of blocking unknown contacts?

Step666 iaindempsey at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:16:06 EDT 2008

I use Pidgin on XP x64, connecting up to MSN/Windows Live/whatever it calls
itself nowadays and also to G-Mail Chat.

However, recently, I've been getting a lot of spam through the MSN address,
people I don't know and who aren't on my contact list sending me messages
saying they can't upload their pictures, so can I please click on this link
to view them.
You know, standard sort of spam like that.

Anyway, what I was wondering was if there was any way of blocking incoming
messages from unknown contacts? I've searched Google, Pidgin's own site and
this place but can't obviously find an answer.
I think there was back when I used Messenger Plus but since MSN isn't
supported on XP x64, that just isn't an option. Not to mention I like being
able to combine the two protocols and the spell-checker is invaluable.

So, yeah, is anyone can help, I'd be extremely grateful.