Thai encoding in Pidgin

Somsak Sriprayoonsakul somsaks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 06:57:15 EDT 2008

Hello,

    I'm Thai too and using Pidgin for a while, but rarely have the same
problem as yours. Sometimes some of my friend send me Thai words and it
turn out to be utf-8 garbage. But that occurred rarely to me. Note that,
I'm using Tahoma as the font. I've tried Angsana and Phaisarn and it
works the same way too. Also, all my locale setting
(place/country/regional settings) is all Thai. That might be the
problem. Note that right now I'm using Vista ultimate. But I've been
using Pidgin on WindowsXP for a long time.

    Note that, once I notify my friend that I can't read the text, the
usually change font or something and problems goes away. I think this
problem depends on client too.

    BTW, I think "how are you" should be "สบายดีหรือเปล่า"