Several XMPP accounts (certificate problem)

Daniel Castro castromd at tcd.ie
Mon Aug 25 17:50:13 EDT 2008

Right! I figured this myself.

Basically both XMPP accounts where using talk.google.com as the server,
but it could not handle two certificates for different account on the
same server.
So what I did was to use talk.google.com on my @gmail account and
talk.l.google.com on the other @tcd.ie account.
Both names resolve to the same server after DNS but for Pidgin they are
different servers.
This is a bug I think.

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6