Several XMPP accounts (certificate problem)

Daniel Castro castromd at tcd.ie
Mon Aug 25 17:00:40 EDT 2008

Hello,

I just signed to this mailing list and hope it's the right place for my
question.
I just installed Pidgin 2.5 on my Ubuntu 8.04.1 and it work very well.

I do have a small weird problem.

I have two XMPP accounts configured. One @gmail.com and the other one
@tcd.ie which is my college email server. They use google.
After I installed 2.5 and logged in the first time it asked me to accept
certificates, 3 for my man account and then one for talk.google.com.
The talk.google.com was asked twice actually, I suppose one per each
XMPP account.
The problem is that each time I open Pidgin it will ask me to accept the
talk.google.com certificate again.

Basically what I think it's happening is that it can't handle two
certificates with the same name for different accounts.

Is this only me? Any ideas?

Thank you!

--

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6